Our client is a fast growing fashion startup Mebyme.co (Read more about Mebyme.co) Mebyme is a young and ambitious online fashion brand that specializes in customized apparel. We are a fast growing fashion company because we always put our customers and their ideas first. We design, produce and sell trendy fashion designs, created by our team of designers, but we also personalize our customer’s designs and manufacture customized apparel from t-shirts and hoodies to leggings and face masks.
We are looking for a VP eCommerce and Digital Marketing to be located in the USA or in the EU (this is also a remote-friendly role and has to be discussed).
The Vice President, eCommerce and Digital Marketing is responsible for defining the Digital Commerce vision, translating that into key strategies and building organizational capabilities to execute effectively & consistently. This is a critical role that truly owns the end-to-end management of the customer / channel including identification, acquisition, engagement, and retention. This person is a key stakeholder of Mebyme customer-facing strategy and drives customer insights with full-funnel ownership across our digital channel and responsibility for revenue growth. The role also leads the media investment, data sharing and analytics, IT capabilities integration and omnichannel and pureplay e-retailer plans. As the Vice President, eCommerce and Digital Marketing you will be working closely with your colleagues in marketing, customer care, and sales to deliver high-touch initiatives that will have a direct outcome on our company’s growth. This is an ideal role for someone who has the experience to drive strategy and build a team from the ground up, but also still loves to roll up their sleeves and dive into the details.
You will be responsible for driving the successful development and execution of digital marketing and ecommerce plans to deliver against overall growth goals and financial targets in specific areas:
1) Driving sales starts.
2) Driving e-commerce revenue with e-retailers.
3) Creating extraordinary digital experiences that serve our customers.
4) Serving our “customized affiliates”.
Strategic Leadership and Digital Commerce Business Results: You are a strategic leader that will drive innovative customer experiences and oversee initiates that drive growth for Mebyme online presence. In this role, you’ll optimize existing efforts, as well as identify new opportunities to effectively utilize digital channels. You set the vision and growth strategy for delivering seamless eCommerce and digital experience, resulting in financial growth and increased profitability. You will establish and manage the eCommerce and digital marketing budget, including strategic management of paid performance marketing budget to optimize KPI’s and drive top and bottom-line revenue. You lead eCommerce revenue planning, forecasting, and reporting by product and manage internal communication of performance relative to forecast. You will actively and effectively partner with brand marketing teams to deliver on the brand strategy where e-commerce is the priority conversion channel. You will develop and lead online marketing initiatives to drive new customer growth which will include identifying core consumers/personas via research/insights and executing measurable quality acquisition plans. You understand our customers’ purchase and post-purchase journeys quantitatively (through web and channel analytics) and qualitatively (through user research and insights) to maximize sales opportunities and inform strategic decisions. You develop specific strategies to secure consumer acquisition data to help support lifetime value and customer loyalty; explore loyalty program options to reinforce strategy. You collaborate with the brand & sales teams to set and manage quarterly digital content calendar and site plan to execute in alignment with brand goals. You also partner with Customer Care to monitor customer satisfaction and service levels and identify and pursue business-driving opportunities. You create and present monthly performance reports; analyze customer behavior, site metrics, digital marketing metrics, and related findings to sales/site performance; present recommended strategies for current and future business based upon findings.
Technical Experience: You are well-versed in and deeply passionate about digital marketing and ecommerce. You speak in APIs and algorithms, translate business to technical and vice-versa with fluidity, and can manage each component of the tech stack (Salesforce, Klaviyo, Shopify, WordPress, PowerBI, Recharge, Swell, Calendly). You’ve seen it all, done it all, and now you want to build something that has impact: the digital experiences and products for our customers, managing engineering resources and external partners, developing roadmaps, and building websites. You’ll implement an agile methodology (or like-minded philosophy) with ruthless prioritization and clear sprints + deliverables. You’ll do all of this while weighing priorities internally, getting feedback from our users and internal team, managing budgets, and project managing your initiatives. You’ll also collaborate deeply with brand/creative teams who are designing the assets. Microsites, landing pages, email and SMS campaigns, and more are all in your toolbox for creation of a personalized, cross-channel, full-cycle (acquisition + retention) customer journey. And you’re always learning and adapting your craft (A/B tests are always running) so every message has the potential to hit at the right time and right place to the right person to elicit the right result—extraordinary brand experiences that earn and keep loyal customers.
Talent Development: You build, lead and motivate a best-in-class talent for the continuously evolving digital and ecommerce roles with a view to nurture and grow Mebyme online presence (both internal team and agency partners). You also drive best practices sharing to ensure faster adaptation of great ideas and learning from mistakes.
- Drive exponential ecommerce business growth.
- Lead all digital marketing initiatives including lead generation, paid search, paid social, organic social, content strategy, strategic partnerships, SEO, SEM, email marketing, retargeting and marketing automation.
- Lead strategy and execution of mebyme.co, Amazon and other e-retailer plans to drive growth and achieve financial targets.
- Have dexterity in working with search, social and ambassadors and partnerships to drive business results.
- Build customized affiliate networks and serve them.
- Oversee acquisition marketing strategies and tactics with laser focus on data-driven decisions and optimizations for efficiency.
- Drive an extraordinary customer experience through the execution of a cohesive story across eCommerce channels leveraging our brands, assortments, and marketing campaigns.
- Understand the customer (journey, segmentation) and translate into digital enhancements, improved digital experiences and improved performance.
- Optimize the experience on existing channels to improve conversion and increase repeat purchases.
- Drive testing, reporting, optimization and analysis on channel performance to identify key levers and opportunities for improvements
- Partner with various cross-functional areas to align the digital marketing and ecommerce strategy with target audience and customer needs, brand positioning, revenue goals, and team resource.
- Oversee financial and operational performance and recommend budget allocations based on analytics and KPIs.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current and emerging trends in digital marketing, mobile marketing, technology, fashion retail and ecommerce.
- Identify new channels, products, and offers to improve response rates and market penetration.
In this role you’ll work closely with:
- Director, Digital / eCommerce (direct report)
- Affiliate and Partnership Marketing Manager (in Digital/eCommerce Business Unit)
- eCommerce Specialist (in Digital/eCommerce Business Unit)
- Marketing Director
- Business Unit / Brand team personnel
- Creative Director
- Chief Experience Officer
- Director, Customer Care
- External development/engineering and digital marketing agency
- External social marketing agency
- EVP product and operations and team
- Key contacts within customer partners (eCommerce-focused).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA degree. Marketing, business, retail, fashion-related or liberal arts degrees; academic distinction and demonstrated interest in fashion-related and/or retail fields a distinct positive.
- 7+ years of experience in the direct to consumer digital marketing, eCommerce, and/or brand marketing space.
- Proven ability to scale brands, particularly in the eCommerce space.
- Proven track record of converting data-driven analytics to gain consumer insights, create personas, drive targeted digital campaigns, optimize user experience, and drive conversion.
- Deep knowledge of paid/organic search, paid/organic social, email, web development.
- Proven experience leading, developing, and launching compelling, successful brand campaigns in the digital space.
- Deep experience in digital lead generation and using 3rd party and original content-based approach to drive traffic and starts.
- Hands on experience in designing and driving digital campaigns using channels such as paid and natural search, social, mobile, email display, affiliate and retargeting.
- Strong digital UX and product management experience.
- Strong understanding of established web and mobile standards and UI/UX best practices, and a curiosity about emerging technologies.
- Deep understanding of customer lifetime value, recurring revenue, eCommerce subscription-based business models.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience with analytical software such as Google Analytics, Adobe’s suite, and Data Visualization tools like Microsoft PowerBI.
- Ability to build partnerships with diverse teams.
- Strong project management skills.
- Confident and articulate creative problem solver.
- Must have strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Possess exceptional communication skills with a keen ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), and ability to follow-up effectively with all staffing levels, vendors, and customers.
- Must possess superior working computer skills with a keen understanding of business software such as, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word documents.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment.
- Be flexible and embrace change with a growing and evolving company.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Mebyme’ values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Mebyme.
Please send your CV to: HR@EDELWEISSCONSULTING.DE